Through IOCC, you are making a world of difference
IOCC responds to some of the most vulnerable people... families, refugees and displaced persons, the elderly, school children, orphans and people with disabilities based solely on need.
Your support has made it possible to provide humanitarian relief, sustainable development and self-help programs to people across Europe, Asia, Africa, North and South America. Since the need for help is great, IOCC continually works to expand its programs to other areas.
IOCC works at the invitation of the Orthodox Church in the host countries where it serves. The Church helps identify the needs and beneficiaries … and IOCC implements the relief efforts. It’s a partnership.
And frankly, very little would happen without the support of our donors – people like you!
Our ultimate goal is to firmly establish solutions that last … that can sustain themselves. With your support we strive to build the capacity of the families and communities we serve. We strive to provide the resources to improve their own financial and physical well-being so they become self-sufficient.
And we remain in a given region or country until the project(s) is completed, or in some cases until the funds are exhausted.
Over the course of our history you’ve help make it possible for us to assist people in 50 countries…
- care for families suffering from disasters by rebuilding homes, schools, and other relief actions
- bring smiles and full stomachs to poor farmers and entrepreneurs with micro-loans
- give vocational training for refugees so they can find work in their new home
- provide health care to children, infants and mothers
- brighten the future of children with new school books, supplies, and even rebuilding schools and furnishing them
- prevent disease and extend lives by drilling wells, improving sanitation, and stomping out preventable diseases in Africa … and on it goes.
Please explore the individual country pages for specific projects and stories of the people you’ve helped through your financial support in action.