International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC), headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, is the official humanitarian aid agency of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States of America. Since its inception in 1992, IOCC has delivered $640 million in relief and development programs to families and communities in more than 50 countries. IOCC is a member of the ACT Alliance, a global coalition of more than 140 churches and agencies engaged in development, humanitarian assistance and advocacy, and a member of InterAction, the largest alliance of U.S.-based secular and faith-based organizations working to improve the lives of the world’s most poor and vulnerable populations.
The Project Manager assists the US Country Representative in formulating and implementing the strategic goals of the US Program and the Country Operation Plan. Implementation of the strategic goals can include direct responsibility for one or more US Country projects. Contact and collaboration within the IOCC Programs department, as well as other IOCC departments and external partners is also expected from this position.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Assist in the processes of formulating and implementing the annual country operation plan and project proposals submissions.
- Assist in the supervision of US Program staff, Frontline staff and volunteers, and US Program intern.
- Assist with efforts to secure government funding, as well as private funding for US Program projects within agreed-upon parameters.
- Manage the implementation, monitoring and reporting on assigned projects in accordance with grant agreements, IOCC policies and all applicable laws.
- Assist in providing staff with the necessary content regarding the U.S. Program.
- Represent IOCC’s U.S. Program to appropriate members of Orthodox communities (clergy and lay), non-governmental organizations, donor agencies and foundations as assigned by the Country Representative (CR).
- Act and stand in as Country Representative when necessary.
- Assist the Country Representative and be prepared to deploy to emergency situations / locales as appropriate and assigned.
- As appropriate, manage or liaise with IOCC VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster) representation in other states.
- Assist the Country Representative with Safety and Security issues and functions of Focal Point.
- Assist the Country Representative with implementation of primary US Program initiatives, including: IOCC Homebuild, Emergency Action Teams, IOCC Homefront and Serv-X-treme! Youth Leadership Conference.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of project design and implementation; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; research skills and knowledge of history/status of Orthodox populations in the US, the US social services sector, donor agencies, foundations, and social service agencies of other communities; skills in research, risk/opportunity analysis, proposal generation, communication (written, oral, listening, public speaking), management, personnel and project management, and networking; knowledge of Orthodox hierarchy highly preferred.
Competencies: Assistance with the formulation and communication of the overall strategy of a Country Program; willingness and ability to make contributions during all phases of program development and management; diplomatic mentality and personality but tenacious in achieving goals and objectives; cultural sensitivity and able to communicate with and work with people from all walks of life.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in organizational development and or social sciences, or related field is required.
Experience: Previous experience in project or program management or an equivalent position in the US in a social service entity; a minimum of 2 year’s work experience in the social service or humanitarian aid field; preference will be given for experience in the US social service sector; other non-profit experience preferred.
Based in the US Minneapolis field office; Up to 25% domestic US travel.
Please submit your resume and cover letter including your salary requirements to email@example.com