Thank you for your generous gift, which made it possible for IOCC to provide a swift and effective response to help families in Texas and Florida after Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
We are grateful your heart was touched to support IOCC’s emergency-response efforts after these devastating and destructive hurricanes. With gifts from people like you, IOCC can sustain assistance to help those in need as they work to recover in the months and years ahead.
Thanks to your gift and those of so many other compassionate people, we were able to provide:
- Spiritual and emotional care to hundreds of families in the days after the hurricanes.
- Shelter, water, and food.
- Financial assistance totaling more than $210,000 for over 100 Orthodox families who were directly affected by the hurricanes.
- Assistance from IOCC staff and volunteers clearing out damaged items and debris.
- Emergency and recovery supplies including heavy-duty tarps, generators, clean-up buckets, mattresses, electrical supplies, and hygiene kits worth more than $700,000.
None of this would have been possible without your expression of love for others.
In the coming year, IOCC will deliver additional supplies for rebuilding and will create volunteer opportunities so that individuals can directly help our neighbors as they repair and reconstruct damaged homes in Texas.
And in many other places around the world, IOCC will continue to help feed the hungry, provide clean, safe drinking water, offer shelter for homeless refugees, and so much more.
On behalf of everyone at IOCC, thank you for emulating Christ’s love for our neighbors in their time of need.
In Christ's incarnate love,
Constantine M. Triantafilou
Exexutive Director and CEO