Put together a small assistance package and make a big difference. Basic materials such as soap, band-aids, paper, pencils, and diapers seem small, but make a huge difference in an ongoing development program or when disaster strikes.
Our Hygiene and School Kits are among the items most requested by our partners each year. The need is great, and we can never have too many on hand.
Please carefully follow the instructions below:
- Buy a one-gallon plastic bag with a zipper closure and fill it with the following items:
- One hand towel
- One washcloth
- One comb
- One metal nail file or nail clipper
- One bar of soap (bath size, new and wrapped in original packaging)
- One toothbrush (NO TOOTHPASTE)
- Six Band-Aids
- Secure the bag and pack it in a box. Secure the box with packing tape.
- Clearly mark the outside of the box with the type of kit ("Hygiene Kit-IOCC") and number of kits that are enclosed. Apply the correct amount of postage and mail the box to the following address:
IOCC / Church World Service
Brethren Service Center Annex
601 Main St.
P.O. Box 188
New Windsor, Md. 21776-0188
Be sure to include the name of the parish, group or individual sending the kits on the box.
Click here to download a printable poster of the Hygiene Kit Assembly instructions.
Click here for Emergency Kits Frequently-Asked Questions