These supplies enable people to begin the overwhelming job of cleaning up after a flood, hurricane, tornados, or other disaster here in the United States*. Please consider the bulkiness of the completed kits and associated shipping costs involved before starting this project.
- 0ne 5 gallon bucket with resealable lid
- Five scouring pads
- Seven sponges, assorted sizes
- One scrub brush
- Eighteen cleaning towels (reusable, like Easy Wipes ®)
- One 50-78 oz. box dry laundry detergent
- One 12 oz. bottle of liquid concentrated household cleaner (like Lysol ®)
- One 25 oz. bottle liquid disinfectant dish soap (like Dawn ®)
- Fifty clothes pins
- Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- Five dust masks
- Two pairs latex gloves
- One pair work gloves
- One 22-27 count box heavy-duty trash bags (33-45 gallon)
- One 6-14 oz. bottle of insect repellant (drops or lotion, not aerosol)
Please purchase all liquids in plastic bottles. Be sure to send all new, unopened materials. Put all items in the plastic bucket, making sure they are packed securely to avoid damage during shipment, and seal lid with packing tape. Place each bucket in a separate box and include the name and address of the church, group, or individual sending the bucket. Close and secure the box with packing tape.
Buckets should be shipped prepaid directly to the warehouse in New Windsor, Maryland:
IOCC / Church World Service
Brethren Service Center Annex
601 Main St.
P.O. Box 188
New Windsor, Md. 21776-0188
When shipping, please:
- Clearly mark the outside of the box with the type of kit ("Emergency Clean-Up-IOCC") and number of kits that are enclosed.
- Secure the boxes with packing tape.
Be sure to include the name of the parish, group or individual sending the kits on the box.
Click here for Emergency Kits Frequently-Asked Questions