Since 1998, IOCC has offered an internship program to undergraduates and recent college graduates interested in careers in international relief and development. The IOCC Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to gain firsthand exposure to the operations of an Orthodox Christian international humanitarian aid and development organization.
IOCC Internship Program in 2015
IOCC summer internships typically require a 10 to 12 week, full-time commitment during the months of May – September. IOCC is offering two summer internship opportunities in 2015:
- Greece: Program intern will be based with IOCC representatives in Athens, Greece.
- USA: Program intern will be based at IOCC’s field office in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with some travel to home build sites in Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Jersey, and Colorado;
All interns will receive stipends. The Minneapolis intern will be responsible for his/her own housing, but all travel expenses for IOCC will be covered. The intern in Greece will also receive housing.
A detailed plan for each intern will be developed based on the educational objectives of the intern and the needs of each field office prior to placement but below are general descriptions:
US Program Intern, Minneapolis Field Office – Degree candidate or graduate in any of the social science disciplines who will assist in successfully managing IOCC Orthodox Action Teams doing home builds in New Orleans, New Jersey, Oklahoma City and Colorado this summer, as well as assisting with Serv-X-treme! Youth Leadership Conferences in Minneapolis and Chicago and work to identify and write grants to expand the IOCC US Program.
Program/Communications Intern, Athens, GREECE – Degree candidate or graduate in communications, journalism, or related field, fluent in written and spoken Greek, who will write weekly beneficiary stories on IOCC’s work in Greece. The intern will also assist IOCC’s local partner, Apostoli, in implementing projects, from editing reports and proposals, collecting beneficiary data, to packing and distributing food parcels.
The application deadline will be February 28, 2015. After the application deadline, applications will be reviewed by IOCC. Emphasis will be given to those with relevant experience and skills, and expressed interest in humanitarian work. In March, interviews will be conducted with a narrowed pool of selected applicants. A final decision will be made by March 20, 2015.
Undergraduate, recent college graduates, or advance degree students or graduates who are residents in America, 18 years of age or older.
1. Please download and complete the internship application form.
2. Submit your completed internship application packet, including:
To IOCC, by no later than February 28, 2015 in one of the following ways:
- Completed Internship Application Form
- Official College Transcript(s)
- A writing sample (five pages or less on any subject)
- Two letters of recommendation
- E-mail: email@example.com (with "IOCC Internship" in the subject line)
- Fax: 410-243-9824
- Mail: International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC)
Attn: Internship Program
110 West Road, Suite 360
Baltimore, MD 21204